The upcoming AWANA outing to Chuck E. Cheese (scheduled for April 24) HAS BEEN POSTPONED due to current Covid conditions.
Graduate Recognition If you have a graduate in your family whom you would like to have us recognize on Sunday, May 23rd, please contact Pastor Ron.
Contact Pastor Ron (734) 530-1800 extension 101 or [email protected]
Acts 1:8 Project is based on Jesus’ command to be witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth. The Acts 1:8 committee has carefully and prayerfully selected mission projects to bless other ministries and advance God’s kingdom.
The goal of the Acts 1:8 Project is to channel $10,000 in 3 categories that model Acts 1:8…local ministry…U.S. based ministry …and overseas ministry. On Sunday, May 2nd, we will be sharing with the church family the projects that have been recommended by the missions committee and the church board. On Sunday, May 16th, we will be asking for congregational approval to invest $30,000 towards these projects.
Pending congregational approval, we will have a missions celebration on Sunday, June 13th, to celebrate what God has done through Community Bible Church. We will share more about this celebration Sunday in the coming days.
Wednesday, April 28, 6:30-8:00 PM Life Group Meet at the church for 6 Wednesdays for Laughter, Intercession,Fellowship and Encouragement, and a study in Philippians.
Saturday, May 1, 8:30-9:30 Men’s breakfast at Linda’s Diner
Saturday, May 1, 10:00-12:30 Spring Clean up at the church.
Sunday, May 2, 10:00 AM The Acts 1:8 Project will be explained.
Thursday, May 6 National Day of Prayer
Saturday, May 8, 9:00 AM Church Board Meeting
Sunday, May 9 Mother’s Day
Sunday, May 16, 11:30 AM Quarterly Business Meeting All the church family is invited to attend.
Sunday, May 23, 10:00 AM Graduate Recognition Sunday Contact Pastor Ron with the name of the family member you would like to be recognized.
Sunday, June 13, 10:00 AM Missions Celebration Sunday
Fellowship Time and
Sunday School have resumed
Sign Up Sheets on the Ministry Table and Help Needed
Snacks for Fellowship – Please sign up at the Ministry Table
Making Coffee for Fellowship time – If you could help on a monthly basis, choose a Sunday (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) on which you could help every month, and sign up, or contact Linda Deck.
Special Music – Please sign up for a date you would like to share some special music
Life Group – a 6 week fellowship group on Wednesdays from April 28- June 2
Email list – Pastor Ron sends out church-wide emails regularly.
Jr. Church and Nursery – Contact Keith Bennett if you can help.
Graduate Recognition – Contact Pastor Ron with the name of the graduate you would like recognized and from where they are graduating.
Health concerns for many in our church family and in their families.
Those who are bereaved.
Our Missionaries of the Month:
April: Scot and April Keen – Ethnos 360, Dallas, TX
Our School Teachers
Our Health Care Workers
Our Homebound Church Family
Our President and Government Leaders
Safety protocols adopted from our Covid-19 advisory committee:
- Masks will be required upon entry to the building and are to be worn continuously. (We have lots of extra masks available in the church entryway.)
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in the church entryway and encouraged to be used.
- Please remember to social distance. We will continue to rope off every other pew in the church sanctuary.
- Please stay at home if you have a fever or any other symptoms.
- We will be taking a ‘sanctuary picture’ for contact tracing purposes.
- We will pause our fellowship time and Sunday School until further notice.
- We will limit our number of songs/hymns each Sunday.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will postpone our Candlelight Christmas Eve service til next year.
- Face shields are available for pianists and keyboard players and are on those instruments.